Time Online
    1 h 47 m

Stories: M/F, F/M, M/M

I got the idea for this from reading a comment on the thread entitled Men Spanking Men where it was mentioned by a female (Mij, and I hope you don't mind that I throw you into the arena) that she enjoyed reading M/M stories and she particularly praised a site called Hic Draconis. So it made me think. What sort of stories do you like to read? Do you only read those that follow your own sexual orientation? Does it squick you out to read about a sexual pairing that isn't your own? Are women more willing to read M/M stories than het men? And if so, why is that?

I personally almost prefer to read M/M but I think that is because as a female some of the M/F stories I have read (and I haven't got round to reading any of those on this site yet so I'm not referring to them) make the feminist in me very uncomfortable due to the escalation that occurs. What might start off as someone agreeing to a spanking ends up with her being shared round with friends for all sorts of sexual favours or she is physically overpowered. Because of the essentially equality in physical strength in M/M stories that situation doesn't seem to arise and therefore the agreement to discipline is presented in a way that centers very much on consent.

What do you think?

Time Online
    N/A
    I really enjoy M/m school stories because I prefer purely disciplinary CP scenes and I find those to be the least sexual of all. (I have no problem with sexual stories; it's just not my thing.) There's something incredibly hot for me about the power dynamic in that kind of story that is missing in a lot of M/f stories.

But consent doesn't do it for me, which is one of the main reasons I like M/m stories. For me those are even LESS consensual. (And by consensual I mean in a "mutual enjoyment" sense.) I want to read about pure punishment.

Love,
    Niki

Time Online
    N/A
    Interesting question. Niki and Scallywag, you must love the caning scene in the classic movie 'If -' then. I dont read much "spanking stories" because they vary so little, have so many cliches, are so poor literature and have too much sex. But I can well understand that you prefer the Mm stories of the young gentlemen getting caned cold with no sex at all. Some years ago I read a quite well written Ff book called 'The feminine regime' by 'Miss Regina Snow', a Wildfire book. It is written in the distinct style of old books for children and young teens (?) such as The Hardy boys or the 'miss detective' (I dont know original titles) books. In that style, all the absurdities of the story and the severe canings passed as matters of course - the way things are. Quite a clever book actually.
    As a hetero male I enjoyed a book with only females - as you two like a story with only males.
    (Can members recommend well written books with corporal punishment of females, Mf or Ff, with no sex?)

Time Online
    9 m
    Good Question Scallywag........I definitely prefer to read same sex pairings never really analysed why.......I think its because they tend to be well written and the couples come across as "normal" with the spanking thrown in.

Initially I used to read a lot of M/f stories set in the past you know the type Sir Jasper and the scullery maid...... lots of unresolved sexual tension. straining breeches lily white bosoms and riding crops!!

I like my stories to be witty and "real" as opposed to overtly sexual. I do like subtle underlying eroticism and often it may not even be related to the spanking......shock horror..... sometimes there are no spankings its more about the relationship dynamic.

I suppose for me I like the couple to be equal regardless of gender and the spanking is just something they do!

Its weird really as I do pretty much read any spanking related stories but I tend to avoid the M/f ones as they make me feel a bit uncomfortable. I like m/m and f/f if they are well written and I always prefer adult couples....school stories are to predictable for me now though I enjoyed them when I was younger.

My fave sites are as I mentioned elsewhere.... hic draconis and I also love Cats fiction both are predominantly m/m.

I think women are more likely to read and enjoy m/m stories than het men I don't know why.

I did read somewhere that the majority of m/m pairings in fanfic stories (not all discipline stories) are written by females as well as read by females.......dunno why that is either!

Time Online
    329 d 3 h 44 m
    I agree with Niki. I like the "school story" setting and for all intents and purposes it is M/m in those (and NO sexuality!). To be honest though I rarely read stories, mainly because they tend to concentrate on the sexual aspect and I am just not interested in that.

roddy

Time Online
    1 h 47 m
    Quote Originally Posted by FrantsF
    Interesting question. Niki and Scallywag, you must love the caning scene in the classic movie 'If -' then. I dont read much "spanking stories" because they vary so little, have so many cliches, are so poor literature and have too much sex. But I can well understand that you prefer the Mm stories of the young gentlemen getting caned cold with no sex at all. Some years ago I read a quite well written Ff book called 'The feminine regime' by 'Miss Regina Snow', a Wildfire book. It is written in the distinct style of old books for children and young teens (?) such as The Hardy boys or the 'miss detective' (I dont know original titles) books. In that style, all the absurdities of the story and the severe canings passed as matters of course - the way things are. Quite a clever book actually.
    As a hetero male I enjoyed a book with only females - as you two like a story with only males.
    (Can members recommend well written books with corporal punishment of females, Mf or Ff, with no sex?)
    First of all, I wanted to apologise for not putting F/F as an option on the thread title, it was an oversight on my part, I wasn't dismissing it as an legitimate option, just in case anyone thinks that is the case.

FrantsF: It was Niki who said that she liked the purely M/m punishment stories, I've got nothing against them but I agree with her that in that sort of scene I don't want to read anything sexual. The stories I like are based on couples who incorporate either discipline into their relationship and/or erotic spankings. I wasn't particularly looking for this in the world of M/M it's just that the majority of M/F stories (that's I've read) are too demeaning to the women to make them easy to read which made me look elsewhere. That's not to say that there isn't dross in the world of M/M because there is, and loads of it, but there are a few sites that do these stories with style and when I find one I always send feedback in the hope that they continue writing and don't give up the ghost against the overwhelming 'clichesness' of their counter-part writers. True, there is a certain amount of sexual content, they are basically romances albeit between two men, but they tend not to be overly graphic and imply actions without getting too nitty-gritty or base which can be a turnoff. I find that after a while, I actually forget that I'm reading about sexual activities between 2 men, you get wound up in the stories and the characters, especially when they are on-going series, that that aspect of it becomes secondary.

Quotes by Mij: "My fave sites are as I mentioned elsewhere.... hic draconis and I also love Cats fiction both are predominantly m/m."

I've already mentioned my liking for Hic Draconis, I also appreciate some of Cat's writing as well. Have you read any of the stories on Montgomery's Street? They are very good as well and it also has a couple of F/M stories, if you want I can give you the link for it. I don't know what the process is here for posting links but if anyone is interested they can send me a pm and I will let them have links for the above. Or if someone tells me that it's OK to post it here, I'll do that.

"I did read somewhere that the majority of m/m pairings in fanfic stories (not all discipline stories) are written by females as well as read by females.......dunno why that is either!"

I think most people would be surprised that the majority of M/M fiction is written by women ... one of life's little mysteries. I'm also firmly convinced that all those steamy sex books that make you blush just reading them are written by octaganarian spinsters who are the backbone of the W.I.

Time Online
    N/A
    As a gay guy i only enjoy M/M spanking stories . It satisfies both my kink of being into spanking and my sexual orientation . They dont necessarily have to have a sexual theme to the stories as sometimes all i need is the spanking element , it in itself for me can be an arrousing elemant , but if sex is involved im only interested in male with male . I do realise my taste is different from other peoples so whatever yours is in literature read on and enjoy .

Time Online
    N/A
    I personally prefer m/f stories and movies, however I have never received a f/f spanking and this excites and interests me very much so I think perhaps I should read some f/f stories and get an idea as a few of the companies I am in negotiations with would like me to be spanked by a female...
    The Princess of Spanking™