Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Time Online
    15 d 7 h N/A

Brand New Season 2017-2018

Less than one month until the start of the new campaign, what lies ahead??
    City,Utd,Chelsea,Liverpool and Arsenal have strengthened, Everton and West Ham have expectations too and the newcomers will have a say I am sure.
    I am struggling to pick a winner but I suspect the title may land in Manchester next May!!!!
    Scotland is easy, Celtic will win it , no credible challenge to them so maybe another unbeaten season ???
    What are your clubs hopes, fears and expectations.
    For the mighty Hibees I'll take a top 4 finish this year.
    We are all in the gutter,but some of us are staring at the stars.

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    15 d 7 h N/A
    Some interesting acquisitions in the Premiership , players I mean

Time Online
    7 d 15 h 54 m
    It looks like City will be the biggest spenders in Europe for the 6th summer in a row so Pep will have absolutely no excuses if he doesn't win the league. Also I'd be surprised if they didn't make the CL semis. I'd be very surprised if United competed for the league, they still look light in midfield. Never really replaced Roy Keane.

I think Everton will compete for a top 4 finish.

Let's hope Arsenal struggle this year. Arsene Wenger in pain is always good TV.

Time Online
    41 d 16 h 52 m
    It really does sicken me the amount of money Citeh throw around each year, which i swhy I fervently hope any team wins it but them (apologies to Donald T whose opinions and posts I really like) I feel the same about Real Madrid and Barcelona in the CL

I do think Man Citeh will be the winners though. I don't think Man Utd score enough, Chelsea will be weakened if Costa goes (yes he was annoying, but I think his importance to them has been largely overshadowed by that), Tottenham may come close but a season playing home games at Wembley will unsettle them. Liverpool will be exciting to watch, but squad still looks weak. I really hope Arsenal and Wenger prove the knockers wrong. THe football Wenger's teams play is so good to watch, but I can't see them winning it, and whilst Everton will close the gap on the top 6, I still see them just short
    Relegation? Huddersfield, Burnley and Watford
    CL......Bayern Munich
    And leaving the most important prediction to last, Aston Villa to finish 2nd to Fulham and return to their rightful domain. Actually only last week, I was predicting 4th or 5th, but as the season approaches I'm getting carried away with the optimism a new season brings...........that will probably last until the second weekend of the season

Despite the obscene amount of money washing around in the game.....the pathetic behaviour of players and managers towards officials......the inane life-and death over-the-top rantings on social media......I'm still looking forward to the new season. Bring it on!

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    15 d 7 h N/A
    Caney, I expect you guys to come up , you are a Premiership team

Here, there and everywhere but happily back in London now.
    Time Online
    13 d 10 h 53 m
    The season of madness has started in earnest.
    Silly money is changing hands for players.

My own lot, the Yids have spent sweet fuck all as yet but mugged Man City for a 27 year old and if they think that they're getting a good defender.....ROFL. 50 million?????
    Bottoms up!

Time Online
    65 d 22 h 46 m
    Another summer another new manager at Southampton, nothing changes then !!!! This time though pleased to see the back of Puel with his boring negative tactics. He ruined our European adventure last season when we could have progressed through the competition. When the name Pelligrini first surfaced I assumed it was the ex Man City manager we were getting (Manuel) but its Mauricio. He's allready stamped his authority by telling Virgil van Dijk our captain to train with the youth and he aint going nowhere despite Liverpool trying to unsettle him. Thankfully though we havent lost any big names yet this summer unlike other summers. A top six (ok, maybe eight !!!) finish and another day out at Wembley I would settle for.

Predictions: Good to see Spurs bringing young players through from their accademy and not spending silly money. They haven't signed anyone but others have spent big and for that reason I think Chelsea will take the title again.
    Top four: Chelsea, Spurs, Man City, Liverpool. Yep !! Arsenal and Man Utd to finish outside the top 4 but what the hell do I know !!!! Everton and Saints challenging the six I have mentioned for Europe as well
    A long standing love affair with red and white stripes

Time Online
    7 d 15 h 54 m
    Anyone fancy a British Spanking Sky Super Six league?

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    15 d 7 h N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    Another summer another new manager at Southampton, nothing changes then !!!! This time though pleased to see the back of Puel with his boring negative tactics. He ruined our European adventure last season when we could have progressed through the competition. When the name Pelligrini first surfaced I assumed it was the ex Man City manager we were getting (Manuel) but its Mauricio. He's allready stamped his authority by telling Virgil van Dijk our captain to train with the youth and he aint going nowhere despite Liverpool trying to unsettle him. Thankfully though we havent lost any big names yet this summer unlike other summers. A top six (ok, maybe eight !!!) finish and another day out at Wembley I would settle for.

Predictions: Good to see Spurs bringing young players through from their accademy and not spending silly money. They haven't signed anyone but others have spent big and for that reason I think Chelsea will take the title again.
    Top four: Chelsea, Spurs, Man City, Liverpool. Yep !! Arsenal and Man Utd to finish outside the top 4 but what the hell do I know !!!! Everton and Saints challenging the six I have mentioned for Europe as well
    Interesting prediction but I suspect Virgil will leave, hopefully for big money, allowing investment for Saints

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    15 d 7 h N/A
    Bale to Utd....??? Could this happen?, great player and would possibly see them title winners.

Time Online
    7 d 15 h 54 m
    We shouldn't want or need Real Madrid rejects. We have plenty of talent going forward.

We just need the team set up properly and the players to give 100% every match. It is Jose's job to get the set up right and get 100% out of the players every match. We won 3 out of the 5 pieces of silverware we competed for last season. While we are never going to win the CL or PL this season we should make the last 16 of the CL, do much better in the PL and pick up a cup or two. Those have to be Jose's minimum targets.

Another target should be bringing on one or two of the untested young players we have. If they have the talent then Jose needs to harness it.

Time Online
    9 d 19 h 8 m
    What part of Manchester are you from?

Time Online
    7 d 15 h 54 m
    Quote Originally Posted by mortinuk View Post
    What part of Manchester are you from?
    I was born in Salford and we lived in Ordsall about half a mile from OT but that was a very long time ago when a young lad could go to a home game with his mates for for 2/6d a piece. Nowadays that is just not possible so geography plays less of a part in which team a kid supports. Kids experience football either from being taken to watch their Dad's team or from the TV hence all the little Messis & Neymars running around your local park.

Time Online
    1 d 13 h 23 m
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAttitude View Post

Let's hope Arsenal struggle this year. Arsene Wenger in pain is always good TV.
    It is the only thing that enables me to watch Arsenal, I love watching Wenger when they are loosing
    Don't make me come over there or.......

Time Online
    1 d 13 h 23 m
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewStirling View Post
    The season of madness has started in earnest.
    Silly money is changing hands for players.

My own lot, the Yids have spent sweet fuck all as yet but mugged Man City for a 27 year old and if they think that they're getting a good defender.....ROFL. 50 million?????
    Pep would not have bought him if he thought he was a defender he is looking for attack again. That said he has spent a lot of money on full backs this season, perhaps he has now looked up the definition of a tackle after last season denying he knew what it meant.

Time Online
    1 d 13 h 23 m
    I think Chelsea will not have a great season, and they will regret their complacency when it came to signing Lukaku. They thought they had him in the bag. If they can get the Brazilian wingback from Juve this could all change but I cannot see Juve selling. Everytime Chelsea meet the asking price they add 10 million.

I think it is time they gave the Young chaps a go. They have now won the FA Youth cup 5 times in 6 years as well as the under 19 champions league. However I think the trouble is while they have the best overall youth team they do not have any real outstanding players. Other teams will have a poorer youth team but an outstanding player such as Harry Kane. Mind you I think Tammy Abrahams might be the one.

I think Lukaku will score a lot of goals for United this year, but then again will that be enough as Zlatan scored a shed load of goals last season. For me it will be Cities to loose, but they have managed that before with the best team on paper.

Time Online
    7 d 15 h 54 m
    Last season teams sat deep and got a draw against United. This season we need a threat from outside the box to draw defenders out. Hopefully Lukaku and Pogba will give us that threat and the likes of Martial, Lingard & Rashford can make us of the extra few inches of space created.

Time Online
    9 d 19 h 8 m
    Well, for many the football season begins this weekend followed by the premiership the following weekend. However, Everton’s competitive fixtures began last week with the first leg of the third qualifying round of the Europa Cup against Ruzomberk of Slovakia. This was the first time that Everton had ever played a competitive game in July and coincidently the first time I’ve ever seen them play in July. Everton were clearly less fit than the opposition whose season began some weeks ago. The lack of fitness played a role in a less convincing performance by Everton who nevertheless still managed t win courtesy of a deflected shot by Baines. Maarten Stekelenburg made a really impressive save before Everton scored. Three of their payers ought to have been rued offside but weren’t so it’s was as well that he did. .Ruzomberok were very defensive and Everton with 80% of the pay controlled the game. There were signs of changes in Everton’s play particularly the number of one –twos played in and around the penalty error which never happened when Lukaku was here. Also many signs of rustiness

Possibly the most significant aspect of the game was the Manc’s second debut for the Blues. (‘Once a Blue; twice a Blue’). Wayne, as my eldest insists he now be called, given that he has a Blue again showed a number of signs why Koeman wanted him back. He received a really warm welcome when his name was announced before the kick ff. It seems all is forgiven by many. The second leg is tomorrow and whilst it should be a tricky game ought to be won by Everton who seem to have the more skilful players. Hopefully, these are not famous last words.

Some are tipping Everton to do well this season given that they’ve signed a number of seemingly good players. Sando Ramires, in particular, may prove to be a bargain. Gylfi Sigurdsson would be a good signing. We’ll be more able to assess Everton’s prospects, if this happens and if another goal scorer is signed. Another good indication will be how Everton have performed in the first five games against Stoke, City, United, Chelsea and Spurs.

Meanwhile, good luck to all teams!

Time Online
    7 d 15 h 54 m
    Meanwhile, good luck to all teams!
    What kind of fan are you? I wish nothing but bad luck to every team United come up against.

Time Online
    39 d 6 h 22 m
    Well the Football League season is now just over 48 hours away.

What does it hold for all our clubs - especially for my beloved Donny Rovers. It would be nice after three or so seasons of turmoil to just settle down and re establish ourselves in what I regard as our league ie League One. Another promotion to the Championship is I fear completely out of reach. In fact I suspect this will be a season of struggle.

Although we won promotion back to League One at the first attempt last season the way the season ended was a shambles - one point from the last 15 culminating in the fiasco at Hartlepool on the last day of the season.

Rovers have made very few signings and I certainly don't they are in way good enough to make a challenge at the top end of the table. However hope springs eternal amd my fingers will be crossed.

Good Luck to all footy fans.

Rovers Till I Die!!!!!

Time Online
    65 d 22 h 46 m
    Quote Originally Posted by SirVisto View Post
    Well the Football League season is now just over 48 hours away.

What does it hold for all our clubs - especially for my beloved Donny Rovers. It would be nice after three or so seasons of turmoil to just settle down and re establish ourselves in what I regard as our league ie League One. Another promotion to the Championship is I fear completely out of reach. In fact I suspect this will be a season of struggle.

Although we won promotion back to League One at the first attempt last season the way the season ended was a shambles - one point from the last 15 culminating in the fiasco at Hartlepool on the last day of the season.

Rovers have made very few signings and I certainly don't they are in way good enough to make a challenge at the top end of the table. However hope springs eternal amd my fingers will be crossed.

Good Luck to all footy fans.

Rovers Till I Die!!!!!
    Good to see you back posting Sir V. Good luck

Time Online
    9 d 19 h 8 m
    The problem with the Europa Cup may be seen in the fact that the Premiership hasn’t started and Everton have already played two qualifying games with another round before the group stages. Although it was a team that Everton were expected to beat they made hard work of another late 1-0 victory, in each game the goal was scored towards the end of the game. At one stage I feared that Ruzomberok would get an equalizer and take the game into extra time where I was convinced their superior fitness would gain them victory. Thankfully, that wasn’t to be. Calvert-Lewin, fresh from winning the World Cup for England, decided to go one better and win a Europa cup-tie for Everton, scored in the 81st minute in what was the best chance of the game. Overall, a disjointed performance, lots of misplaced passes, and another less than impressive game from Rooney. But, on the positive side a second clean sheet, a win against a well organized and confident side and progress to the next qualifying round.

Everton are in group 2 where they could meet one of the following on the 17th and 24th August: FC Viitorul Constanta (Rumania), FH Hafnarfjordur (Iceland), Hadjuk Split (Croatia), Apollon Limassol Cyprus) and Panathinaikos Greece) Either Apollon or Hadjuk Spit would be nice

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    203 d 10 h 41 m
    Well, for many the football season begins this weekend followed by the premiership the following weekend. !

I think you will find that the show-piece curtain-opener for the season in being held this evening in Nottingham.

Time Online
    123 d 23 h 27 m
    Tomorrow my Imps are back in the football league for the first time since 2011 . There are three things I hope for this season , one that we stay up , two that we give a good show of ourselves and three that we get in the play offs . I ve never been so excited for the start of a season

I am working tomorrow so cant see the game but will be glued to my phone for information

Good luck to us all for the season ahead

Lady4mark2

UTI
    When do you know who you really are
    When can you read your own mind
    When do you stop searching
    When you have found what you needed to find

by me

"Friendship isn't about who you have known the longest
    It's about those who came and never left your side ...."

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    15 d 7 h N/A
    Like SirV and lady4 my season starts tomorrow , we open the season versus Patrick Thistle to a full San Siro while our skint neighbours are away at Celtic after having just pumped their brilliant manager (shame)

Time Online
    65 d 22 h 46 m
    So Neymar moved to PSG and will pocket 600,000 per week but he says its not for the money, its about the challenge !!!!!!!!!!!
    So if he wanted a challenge why didnt he sign for Hartlepool Utd and try and help them get back into the football league or maybe Accrington Stanley and help them out. He could have come down to St Marys and challenged for a place in our first team !!!!
    Now those are challenges.

Time Online
    41 d 16 h 52 m
    Couldn't agree more, supersub. "It's not about the money, it's the challenge" ??? What a load of old bollox!
    Moving to the best club in France who are already serious challengers for the Champions League isnn't a challenge. I can fully understand anyone wanting to move to another job to earn shed loads more money....who wouldn't?.....but surely he is already rich beyond his wildest dreams.

It is more the ridiculous transfer fee and the obscene wages that disgust me. Football really has lost the plot......and as for Financial Fair Play???.......just another sop to the mega rich clubs to keep them at the top and any wannabes in their place.

Bemused and bothered of Birmingham

Time Online
    1 d 13 h 23 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cane and Able View Post
    Couldn't agree more, supersub. "It's not about the money, it's the challenge" ??? What a load of old bollox!
    Moving to the best club in France who are already serious challengers for the Champions League isnn't a challenge. I can fully understand anyone wanting to move to another job to earn shed loads more money....who wouldn't?.....but surely he is already rich beyond his wildest dreams.

It is more the ridiculous transfer fee and the obscene wages that disgust me. Football really has lost the plot......and as for Financial Fair Play???.......just another sop to the mega rich clubs to keep them at the top and any wannabes in their place.

Bemused and bothered of Birmingham
    Blue nose or Villan?

Time Online
    9 d 19 h 8 m
    To be candid I wouldn’t accord any credibility to anything a footballer says. For the past three years Lukaku has been saying, ad nauseam, how his dream has always been to play for Chelsea. Yet, where does he end up? With the man who essentially told him twice that he was not good enough and rejected him. Go figure!

NB Essentially supersub and others are expressing the same sentiments and sense of outrage that greeted the transfer of Alf Commons from Sunderland to Middlesbrough in 1904!

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    15 d 7 h N/A
    First trophy goes to the Gooners

Time Online
    1 d 13 h 23 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevenil View Post
    First trophy goes to the Gooners

I was there and it was not the best of games. Morata is threatening to join the exalted ranks of Chelsea No 9 failures. We really miss Hazard and need some more creativity if he is to be out for a couple of months.

Time Online
    7 d 15 h 54 m
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    So Neymar moved to PSG and will pocket 600,000 per week but he says its not for the money, its about the challenge !!!!!!!!!!!
    So if he wanted a challenge why didnt he sign for Hartlepool Utd and try and help them get back into the football league or maybe Accrington Stanley and help them out. He could have come down to St Marys and challenged for a place in our first team !!!!
    Now those are challenges.
    There is absolutely no doubt that Neymar moved for the money and Arab money is now a major problem for football as it has corrupted FIFA.

The way FIFA works is all the officials are sent there by the regional bodies - UEFA, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL, CAF, AFC & OFC - and they do all the governance. So when the FBI raid FIFA's offices and arrest a few of them they are soon replaced by people equally as corrupt or open to corruption from the regional bodies. There is no way to sort out this corruption and I wouldn't be surprised if FIFA relocated to the middle east so they can carry out their business without the threat of any arrests.

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    15 d 7 h N/A
    European Super Cup goes to Real, now lets get this season kicked off properly

Time Online
    65 d 22 h 46 m
    Thank goodness its back. The withdrawl symptoms are no longer. One of my favourite days of the year. The day we all start on a level playing field (well as far as the league table is concerned). Apart from the Arse who sneaked in early and kicked off last night to go top of the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to all and enjoy

Time Online
    7 d 15 h 54 m
    Wenger still hasn't got a defence, Chelsea made me laugh and I made a few quid on City. A great start to the Premiership.

Time Online
    9 d 19 h 8 m
    supersub said:
    The day we all start on a level playing field
    Took less than 90 minutes for Everton to on a level above Saints! (LOL). But, you're right good to have the football back. Everton very poor in firs half improved in second. Now three 1-0 wins, including Europa on bounce. Overal, deserved to win. Wayne normally formerly known as the Manc scored and ran the game in second half. Loving Liverpol's defence!

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    15 d 7 h N/A
    My Hibees are top of the League, a great 3 points yesterday at Castle Greyskull

Time Online
    7 d 15 h 54 m
    Great win for United yesterday and the 2-1 loss to RM looks a very decent result given the pasting they gave Barca at the Camp Nou last night. For the first time in a few seasons I've got a series link for MoTD

Time Online
    9 d 19 h 8 m
    Seldom, if ever watch MOTD. Which really should be renamed the 'Arsenal, City, Chelsea, ManU' show. Much prefer the Sky 30 min highlights.

Meanwhile, Lakaku shows why fans should ignore what players say. Hold the badge. Does it at every club he scores for which makes it a meaningless gesture

Time Online
    65 d 22 h 46 m
    0-0 against a poor Swansea. 6 home league games now without a goal for us at St Marys. I wasn't at the game but from what I've read the difference from last season, we attacked, we gave it a go. Certainly looks more entertaining and promising than last season. Its only going to be a matter of time before we go on the rampage and hit a netfull against some poor team. West Ham next Saturday maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAttitude View Post
    I made a few quid on City..
    A Utd supporter backing Man City to win!! Have I got that right ? I just couldn't bring myself to do that. It would be like me betting on Pompey to win.
    It just wouldn't happen.