Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Time Online
    68 d 9 h 23 m
    Thanks mort.

@A cumbrian, my apologies. Like I said the FA dont tell me everything LOL. Its starting in a couple of years time then. I still dont think it will harm football as a spectator sport.

Would have took a 1-1 Draw with the Arsenal before the kick off today but for them to get the equaliser in the last few minutes was a big blow. We played well and proably deserved all three points.
    Last edited by supersub; 10-12-2017 at 21:51.

Time Online
    3 d 8 h 33 m
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    Maybe satellite and cable television with over 100 odd channels of multi choice viewing hasnt yet reached Cumbria. Im sure if people dont like football they can find many other things to watch. As for the decision to show matches on a Saturday night at 8pm. Errrrrrrrrrr..... ????????????????? Im assuming you are talking about live English games. Tell me about this because its news to me. I certainly hadn't heard of any plans to kick off games at 8pm on a Saturday evening (not that the FA tell me everything when making their decisions !!!!!)
    Recordings from English games and live games from across Europe have been shown on Saturday nights for years, thats nothing new.
    Sky or BT will have the rights to screen 8 live Premiership games in the 8.00 Saturday slot from August 2019. It does smack of overkill and I can imagine those fans who want to see their team play could find getting home late on a Saturday night difficult.

Time Online
    26 d 4 h 6 m
    Moyes in!
    Farewell Boleyn & Good-riddance Payet

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    15 d 10 h 7 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tan View Post
    Moyes in!
    Im delighted for him, shows he still has something
    We are all in the gutter,but some of us are staring at the stars.

Time Online
    68 d 9 h 23 m
    The clubs who have sacked/changed managers recently in the Premiership are all doing well in recent games. Moyes at West Ham.........Big Sam at Everton..........Roy Hodgson at Palace............

Pelligrino at Saints could be the next one to go with Spurs and Man Utd away coming up in the next couple of weeks , !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donald !!!!!!!!!!! after years of posting on here about Man City you have stopped posting at the wrong time. They have to be one of the most exiting teams the Premiership has ever seen. And as said on Match Of The Day last night, certainly the best team in Europe by far at the moment.

Time Online
    26 d 4 h 6 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevenil View Post
    Im delighted for him, shows he still has something
    absolutely.... especially as he could be in the last chance saloon with only a six month contract at West Ham
    Farewell Boleyn & Good-riddance Payet

Time Online
    10 d 3 h 57 m
    Well, a couple of weeks ago Niasse was given a two game suspensions for diving and gaining a penalty for his team. Lanzini's dive was much worse than what Niasse did in that at least Niasse was touched but Lanzini wasn’t. Be interesting to see if he gets sanctioned. But, I don’t think he will be. There have been a few dives highlighted recently but nothing appears to have happened to the perpetrator. There have been incident in each of City’s last two fixtures against Spurs and the Mancs. In the game against |Spurs clearly pushed in the back and no penalty was awarded and ex-referee Graham Poll that this was because the player had not dived!

I don’t think any of Everton, Palace and West Ham will be relegated.

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    15 d 10 h 7 m
    All starts again today

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    204 d 8 h 55 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevenil View Post
    All starts again today
    The match that really stands out is the one between the impressive Millwall and top-of-the-table Wolves.

Had the trains been running, I would have been tempted to go and watch it. However, the transport problems would make it too much hassle.

Time Online
    68 d 9 h 23 m
    Bit unlucky today against Spurs!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they hadn't scored 5 we would have won 2-0. Actually proably better than expected that we only let in 5.
    This is getting embarrasing !!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well, Man U away next.

Time for a change of manager before its to late I think.

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    204 d 8 h 55 m
    Bit unlucky today against Spurs!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they hadn't scored 5 we would have won 2-0. Actually proably better than expected that we only let in 5.
    This is getting embarrasing !!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well, Man U away next.

Time for a change of manager before its to late I think.
    Well, perhaps Jose Mourinho might be looking for a job soon. :-)

Time Online
    124 d 5 h 51 m
    Half way through the season and we are up to third ..... not too shabby Up the Imps

Lady4
    When do you know who you really are
    When can you read your own mind
    When do you stop searching
    When you have found what you needed to find

by me

"Friendship isn't about who you have known the longest
    It's about those who came and never left your side ...."

Time Online
    7 d 8 h 11 m
    Quote Originally Posted by lady4mark2 View Post
    Half way through the season and we are up to third ..... not too shabby Up the Imps

Lady4
    Good for Lincoln City - if they continue to play like they are playing and Hull City continue to play in the way they are playing we could have a Humberside derby next year!!!

Time Online
    68 d 9 h 23 m
    75 Million from Liverpool for Van Dijk a central defender. The worlds gone mad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets hope its spent wisely.

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    204 d 8 h 55 m
    75 Million from Liverpool for Van Dijk a central defender. The worlds gone mad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets hope its spent wisely.

The thinking seems to be that Southampton knew that Liverpool were desperate for a central defender and so were able to hold out and force the price up.

Celtic will also be entitled to a fair chunk of the money which no doubt figured in their calculations.

Time Online
    68 d 9 h 23 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Birchington View Post
    The thinking seems to be that Southampton knew that Liverpool were desperate for a central defender and so were able to hold out and force the price up.

Celtic will also be entitled to a fair chunk of the money which no doubt figured in their calculations.
    Yes, Celtic will get 7.5 Million from sell on clause, greedy agents will probably get there hands on a fair share of it leaving Saints with about 100 left over to waste!!!!!

Here, there and everywhere but happily back in London now.
    Time Online
    13 d 14 h 24 m
    But could Southampton have seen his value rise if they had waited until the summer? How much time was left on his contract?

They are a team in trouble. I saw my lot ruin them at Wembley on Boxing Day. Harry Kane just keeps on doing what he does best.

So, Liverpool have bought a good defender. Good, but not 75 million extra large good. They need another couple of defenders and a keeper too.
    Are they spending the Coutinho money?
    Lets have it right, Barcelona will win La Liga and the European cup. They may win Copa Del Ray too. Coutinho will see this and he will want away in the summer.

I'm glad that we have three central defenders already that together cost less than him and that are better than him.
    The silly season of January has already started and it is not yet January......
    Bottoms up!

Time Online
    10 d 3 h 57 m
    Are Saints Liverpool’s feeding club or are the RS saint’s piggy bank?

Time Online
    68 d 9 h 23 m
    Quote Originally Posted by mortinuk View Post
    Are Saints Liverpool’s feeding club or are the RS saint’s piggy bank?
    Indeed mort...... Van Dijk, Lovren, Clyne, Lallana, Mane all to Liverpool. Going back a bit further and Ricky Lambert and Peter Crouch
    Not forgetting of course ..... Gareth Bale, Toby Alderweireld, Victor Wanyama to Spurs,.......Oxlade Chamberlin , Theo Walcott to Arsenal..........
    Luke Shaw to Man U
    And thats just naming a few.

Proably about 400 Million worth of players. Just imagine if we had kept all of them and stillhad Pochetino as manager before Spurs nicked him. Man City wouldn't be getting a look in for the title. We would conquer Europe with that lot.

Time Online
    68 d 9 h 23 m
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewStirling;1254362[QUOTE
    ]But could Southampton have seen his value rise if they had waited until the summer? How much time was left on his contract?

He only signed a 6 year deal less than 2 years ago.

They are a team in trouble. I saw my lot ruin them at Wembley on Boxing Day
    Can't disagree with that. It was men against boys.

Time Online
    68 d 9 h 23 m
    And 4 days later after the Spurs fiasco at Wembley couldn't believe this was the same team tonight that gave Man Utd the run around at Old Trafford, matched then all over the park and could have taken 3 points !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (well ok a few changes from the Spurs game but even so!!)
    Missing Van Dijk. .............Yeah right ..........Who is he ?

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    204 d 8 h 55 m
    And 4 days later after the Spurs fiasco at Wembley was this the same team tonight that gave Man Utd the run around at Old Trafford, matched then all over the park and could have taken 3 points !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (well ok a few changes from the Spurs game but even so!!)
    Missing Van Dijk. .............Yeah right ..........Who is he ?

I have been chuckling listening to the United fans who want Jose sacked.

The match on New Years Day between Everton and United should be interesting. :-)

If United lose that, then he will be under pressure.

Time Online
    68 d 9 h 23 m
    I have been chuckling listening to the United fans who want Jose sacked.

The match on New Years Day between Everton and United should be interesting. :-)

If United lose that, then he will be under pressure.
    And what about all those Saints fans who have been calling for Pelligriono, their manager to go. Ridiculous, great manager. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh hang on a minute

Time Online
    10 d 3 h 57 m
    So Everton lose their first game under ‘Big Sam’. Bournemouth were generally the better side but their winning goal was a somewhat lucky deflection. The last three games have seen one Everton goal and one point picked up against teams below us. Not so good! Overall, the position is better than when it was when he first came. Everton are no longer shipping loads of goals each game. We’ve had some luck - didn’t deserve the last two 0-0s and have had some fortunate penalties. I no longer think we are doomed to relegation. Some tough fixtures coming up, Mancs, Arsenal, Spurs. But, much more optimistic now than I have been.

A Happy New Year to all who contribute to this thread.

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    204 d 8 h 55 m
    And what about all those Saints fans who have been calling for Pelligriono, their manager to go. Ridiculous, great manager. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh hang on a minute

The way that Crystal Palace are playing at the moment, they certainly won't be a push-over, so there could well be demands for him to be sacked again in a few days. :-)

Time Online
    68 d 9 h 23 m
    The way that Crystal Palace are playing at the moment, they certainly won't be a push-over, so there could well be demands for him to be sacked again in a few days. :-)
    You got that spot on then Birchy.

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    204 d 8 h 55 m
    You got that spot on then Birchy.
    No phone-in on Radio 5 Live last night but there were text messages sent in by Southampton supporters saying that they wanted Pellegrino sacked and Koemann brought back. I can only assume that they must have been impressed by his performance at Everton. :-)

It seems that Watford may have dropped a clanger by not pocketing the compensation and letting Marco Silva go to Everton. They might well finish up by sacking him now anyway and, I assume, will have to pay him off.

Time Online
    10 d 3 h 57 m
    Birchingtn said:
    The way that Crystal Palace are playing at the moment, they certainly won't be a push-over
    Well, I’ve been ‘supporting’ Palace since my youngest became besotted with a Palace fan They were clearly the better team when they played Everton, which wouldn’t have been hard at the time. I think they’re a better team than their position indicates and they are clearly the better of the teams struggling near the bottom of the table

Meanwhile, Sky etc has too influence of football. West Ham never played fro six days that have two fixtures in three days Next game is tomorrow against Spurs who also played last night.

Time Online
    68 d 9 h 23 m
    Meanwhile, Sky etc has too influence of football. West Ham never played fro six days that have two fixtures in three days Next game is tomorrow against Spurs who also played last night.
    Yes!! You're right mort, Sky do have to much influence over kick off times and fixture lists etc: but look how much it has cost them. Actually if I was the Chief Executive at Sky, (looking at the other side of the coin) for that money I would be wanting to pick the players for televised games as well as telling teams what time to kick-off !!!!!!!!!!!!

Total cost of the three-season Domestic TV Rights Money – 5.50 billion

SkySports Packages (5 package 126 live games) – 4.2 billion
    BTsports Packages (2 packages 42 live games) – 960 million
    BBC Match Of the Day Highlights Deal – 204 million

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    15 d 10 h 7 m
    Some great cup ties as usual, shocks and tight games

Time Online
    21 d 8 h 54 m
    I have nothing but praise for Bristol City, they were not overawed they came to have a go and the result was a free flowing and entertaining game of football, infact that's the best game I've seen City involved in since the 3-3 draw with Celtic.

With only one goal in it I look forward to a great second leg at their place too.
    Understanding, it strikes a man more dead than a great reckoning in a little room - William S.

Time Online
    10 d 3 h 57 m
    Well, back to the bread and butter football today after the excitement of the FA Cup last week. Everton lost 2-1. In part, because of a goalkeeping error by Pickford and cheating by Lallana to get a penalty. This is the aspect of modern football that I detest the most – the belief that if you get touched in the penalty area, (in a contact sport!), that you are allowed to fall down and get a penalty. I think the penalties in both derby games were dubious. Overall, Everton played well. Prior to this they lost 2-0 at home, to a very poor Manchester United team. Two defensive errors that could have been avoided.

I’m not sure our current losing streak will end today given that it’s Spurs v Everton. It’s ironic that Everton get knocked out of the Cup and the next game is at Wembley! Thanks to the demands of TV it’s a 5.30 kick-off

Time Online
    68 d 9 h 23 m
    This is the aspect of modern football that I detest the most the belief that if you get touched in the penalty area, (in a contact sport!), that you are allowed to fall down and get a penalty. I think the penalties in both derby games were dubious.
    Do you think VAR technology being brought in will help ? Hopefully it will but Im reserving judgment until I've seen it used a few more times.

Time Online
    68 d 9 h 23 m
    Do you think VAR technology being brought in will help ? Hopefully it will but Im reserving judgment until I've seen it used a few more times.
    Bit ironic me posting that about VAR this morning. Looks like we have just been robbed of 2 points at Watford as they get a last minute equaliser with a handball goal that was allowed, that had VAR been in operation we would have all 3 points !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring on VAR, the sooner the better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time Online
    10 d 3 h 57 m
    Well, Everton’s not winning streak continues as the Blues lost to Spurs as I feared they would. They were OK in the first half but the conceding of an n early second goal after halftime changed the tempo of the game. Spurs could relax and Everton had to force the game. In reality, a game of two offsides. Rooney was adjudged, correctly , to be offside. Kane wasn’t because the lines man had not kept up with play. In the end Everton forgot he basics of defending and paid the price. Overall, it has to be admitted that Spurts were the better tam and deserved to win. On the bright side Bolasie and McCarthy getting playing time and getting fitter. Cenk Tosun showed enough aggression and skill to suggest that he might be just what the Blues need. Meanwhile, will someone please get rid of the liability that is Martina. He might be a right back playing on the left but he’s just not good enough. Neither is Rooney

Meanwhile, not happy with Man City!