Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Time Online
    9 d 5 h 16 m
    Talented Youngsters at big clubs where instant success is demanded can always go out on loan and get game time. It's really up to the players and how hungry they are. Chelsea have a shedload of talent out on loan.

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    15 d 8 h 59 m
    A weekend of mixed results but thankfully my Hibs won , that’s 4 wins on the bounce for us
    We are all in the gutter,but some of us are staring at the stars.

Time Online
    10 d 3 h 4 m
    At last At long last, the football Gods smile on Everton as they finally gain a vita win and three points However, the same problems remain, too narrow, too slow. Watford were the better team Everton were 0-2 down when they got lucky as Gomez, who’d made a couple of good saves had a head injury and the substitute goalkeeper was not as good as him. This changed the game Omar Naisse, does not have the skill of a Premiership player, but works hard, is enthusiastic, chases lost causes and in doing so got a goal back. Everton got a penalty from which Baines scored to become Everton’s leading penalty scorer after Unsworth. Cleverley, didn’t live up to his name, and hit a penalty wide in the last minute of the ten minutes of injury time. This was the first time Everton overcome a 0-2 deficit since the 1994 3-2 win against Wimbledon that kept Everton in the Premiership. So now two weeks without worrying abut getting beat!

Time Online
    67 d 1 h 31 m
    Quote Originally Posted by mortinuk View Post
    So now two weeks without worrying abut getting beat!
    And in 3 weeks you have the mighty Saints to play . Oh hang on, we've just lost at home to Burnley

I see the West Ham fans getting in early calling for 'Moyes out' Thats before he's even appointed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by supersub; 06-11-2017 at 16:28.

Time Online
    118 d 11 h 32 m
    Careful Supersub. I was brought up in Gravesend so West Ham was me first serious club and indeed my father supported them having come from the wrong side over the river. Took a ferry and the bus to get there.

Always played beautiful football but lost I recall was all was what we had to say. Trevor Brooking had a good haircut too.

I am hugely please to hear that Gravesend now has a great dungeon with all sorts so S&M and BDSM fun to be had. Such a shame when I was growing up it wasn’t there. A Level Latin might have been even more fun.

Time Online
    10 d 3 h 4 m
    Everton fans tend not to use the ferry service as they prefer to walk.

Time Online
    67 d 1 h 31 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgundy View Post
    Careful Supersub. I was brought up in Gravesend so West Ham was me first serious club and indeed my father supported them having come from the wrong side over the river. Took a ferry and the bus to get there.

Always played beautiful football but lost I recall was all was what we had to say. Trevor Brooking had a good haircut too.
    Indeed, the Hammers have a reputation for playing beautiful football but often losing and thats going back many years and of course they provided Hurst Moore and Peters for 1966 World Cup win. Dr Tan a big Hammers fan on here has in the past refered to West Ham winning the World Cup !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everton fans tend not to use the ferry service as they prefer to walk.
    Are you saying Everton fans can walk on water as opposed to using the' Ferry Cross The Mersey'

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    203 d 23 h 19 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgundy View Post

If he was on the other side of the river, shouldn't he have been supporting Millwall? He could have seen them losing all of the time but doing it by playing rubbish football!

Actually though, in the Ragged School Museum near Mile End, there is a really interesting photograph of the Millwall team from the 1880s when they did play on the Isle of Dogs - hence the name. I believe that they moved across the river to New Cross very early in the 20th Century.

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    15 d 8 h 59 m
    At last At long last, the football Gods smile on Everton as they finally gain a vita win and three points However, the same problems remain, too narrow, too slow. Watford were the better team Everton were 0-2 down when they got lucky as Gomez, who’d made a couple of good saves had a head injury and the substitute goalkeeper was not as good as him. This changed the game Omar Naisse, does not have the skill of a Premiership player, but works hard, is enthusiastic, chases lost causes and in doing so got a goal back. Everton got a penalty from which Baines scored to become Everton’s leading penalty scorer after Unsworth. Cleverley, didn’t live up to his name, and hit a penalty wide in the last minute of the ten minutes of injury time. This was the first time Everton overcome a 0-2 deficit since the 1994 3-2 win against Wimbledon that kept Everton in the Premiership. So now two weeks without worrying abut getting beat!
    if you guys get Simeone that would bea major coup

Time Online
    10 d 3 h 4 m
    Er, Sevenil, I think that there’s been a bit of a Spellchecker failure. It’s not Simeone Everton are after but Someone

Might be a problem in that Simeone doesn't, I'm informed, speak Engish

57 years ago today, 10th November, the best fotbaler you’ve never seen signed for Everton – just saying!

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    15 d 8 h 59 m
    Er, Sevenil, I think that there’s been a bit of a Spellchecker failure. It’s not Simeone Everton are after but Someone

Might be a problem in that Simeone doesn't, I'm informed, speak Engish

57 years ago today, 10th November, the best fotbaler you’ve never seen signed for Everton – just saying!

I did did read this in a couple of rags but I can’t see him joining

Time Online
    67 d 1 h 31 m
    For the first time in ages I am actually looking forward to an England International with tonights game at Wembley against Brazil.
    There have been to many false dawns over the years that have ended in humilation but the friendly against Germany last week looked promising with players not looking petrified every time they got the ball. One big difference from past games was against Germany last week players were having the feedom to express themselves, unlike we've seen previously..
    Good to see the youngsters thrown in.

Certainly not going to get carried away though, still remaing cautious but !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time Online
    10 d 3 h 4 m
    Invariably it’s the case that I fall asleep watching England The last game was no different other than it took until the second half to do so. For me England are really ‘Southern England’ – a team based in Wembley. I thought that the Germans weren’t really trying. Generally, it seems to me that England do well in friendlies but get defeated in competitive games against Germany. I’d prefer Pickford to keep a clean sheet for Everton rather than England. Meanwhile, I’d prefer to watch the Republic against Denmark. Nonetheless, supersub I hope you enjoy the game

Time Online
    41 d 18 h 16 m
    Just about to settle down to watching the second leg of the Ireland v Denmark tie, and feeling soooooooo flippin' nervous. I was happy with 0-0 on Sat at the end of the 1st tie, but am increasingly fearing a 1-1 score tonight, which means we're out

But whatever the outcome of tonight, it won't erode the memories of the weekend I have just had over in Copenhagen for that 1st leg. What a lovely city, fantastic friendly hosts, 8000 Irish just over for the craic......and a kinky spank related bet with a wonderful woman from this site

0-0 was perhaps the perfect result as we both lost but won at the same time. What an incredible way to combine the two big loves of my life, sport and spanking. And what a kinky way to spend an evening in Copenhagen.

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    15 d 8 h 59 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cane and Able View Post
    Just about to settle down to watching the second leg of the Ireland v Denmark tie, and feeling soooooooo flippin' nervous. I was happy with 0-0 on Sat at the end of the 1st tie, but am increasingly fearing a 1-1 score tonight, which means we're out

But whatever the outcome of tonight, it won't erode the memories of the weekend I have just had over in Copenhagen for that 1st leg. What a lovely city, fantastic friendly hosts, 8000 Irish just over for the craic......and a kinky spank related bet with a wonderful woman from this site

0-0 was perhaps the perfect result as we both lost but won at the same time. What an incredible way to combine the two big loves of my life, sport and spanking. And what a kinky way to spend an evening in Copenhagen.
    youd have been happy for a 1-1 draw now lol

Time Online
    9 d 5 h 16 m
    Italy not through to the finals!!

I was in Rome the night they won the World Cup in 1982. We arrived while the game was taking place and the streets were dead. We checked into our pension and watched the end of the game. The place erupted at the final whistle. The streets were almost instantly filled with cars with massive flags sticking out of their sunroofs and blaring their horns. The piazzas were full, the fans went bonkers in the fountains and for once the police didn't seem to mind.

Time Online
    26 d 3 h 35 m
    Moyes Out!
    Farewell Boleyn & Good-riddance Payet

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    15 d 8 h 59 m
    Pulls away

Time Online
    67 d 1 h 31 m
    Could be said its a 6 Pointer for yours and my lot today mort. Im shortly of to the pub to watch it. (Just in case I need to drown my sorrows !!!!) Good luck but I hope today your lot come second .

Time Online
    10 d 3 h 4 m
    Cheers supersub! Everton, the team that can’t defend, against Southampton, the team that can’t score. Pus, Saints have a player who has not scored since April. So a cert to do so today 1-0. Everton will fall apart in last 10 minutes. So 4-0!! I’m not very optimistic

Time Online
    67 d 1 h 31 m
    Cheers supersub! Everton, the team that can’t defend, against Southampton, the team that can’t score. Pus, Saints have a player who has not scored since April. So a cert to do so today 1-0. Everton will fall apart in last 10 minutes. So 4-0!! I’m not very optimistic
    You weren't far out mort !!!!!!!!!!!!! Can we play you every week. Got to say when you have been struggling for goals like we have and then get to play Everton, its like a gift from above. We looked like World beaters, you made us look that good.
    You don't need me to say it but you have big problems. Proably not the best time to mention how Koeman said about joining a club with ambition when he left us !!!!!

Best of luck, you are going to need it to survive and to keep your long run in the Premiership still going at the end of this season.

Away to Man City for us on Wedensday night,I think that will proably bring us back down to earth.

Time Online
    10 d 3 h 4 m
    Well, congratulations supersub, you deserved it. Everton were clearly second best in every aspect of the game. Lost possession too easily, poor passing etc. Forster was not really troubled. It’s not going to get better until the new manager arrives. I fear t much turmoil behind the scenes is preventing this happening. Poor Unsy, yes he loves the Blues, but so do I but nether of us are suitable to be the manager. It’s the RS a week on Sunday, God help us.

I think Schneiderlin’s mum told him not to get mud on his kit. The crossbar touched the ball on more occasions than Lennon

If you are feeling stabbing pains at the moment it’s because I’m sticking pins in a voodoo doll! I’ve got three dolls for Koeman LOL

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    15 d 8 h 59 m
    Yeah the Toffees need to act quick mate it’s all going Pete Tong

Time Online
    26 d 3 h 35 m
    Fair play to the toffees they were by far the better side tonight and deserved their win but.........

Moyes Out!!
    Farewell Boleyn & Good-riddance Payet

Time Online
    10 d 3 h 4 m
    To be honest Dr Tan - small margins as they say. If Crosswell had scored rather than hit bar, then Everton might have gone to pieces. Penalty save also made crucial difference. Hammers the better team for large part of second half. You have some difficult fixtures ahead. I feel happy for a change. Great score by Rooney!

Time Online
    21 d 8 h 28 m
    I've got to hand it to Raheem Sterling. Last season I had dismissed him as a bottle merchant who too often lost his nerve infront of goal at crucial moments. I didn't think he could improve. I thought this failing was part of his character. But boy has he proved me wrong this season. What a difference: He's gone from being a liability infront of goal to perhaps the most clinical finisher in the team.

That crunching sound you could hear at full time against Saints was me eating my words.
    Understanding, it strikes a man more dead than a great reckoning in a little room - William S.

Time Online
    67 d 1 h 31 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald T View Post
    I've got to hand it to Raheem Sterling. Last season I had dismissed him as a bottle merchant who too often lost his nerve infront of goal at crucial moments. I didn't think he could improve. I thought this failing was part of his character. But boy has he proved me wrong this season. What a difference: He's gone from being a liability infront of goal to perhaps the most clinical finisher in the team.

That crunching sound you could hear at full time against Saints was me eating my words.
    Beaten by a winning goal in the 97th minute !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sick as a a parrot doesn't even come close.

Time Online
    67 d 1 h 31 m
    World Cup 2018 draw: England Tunisia Belgium Panama..............Easy, our names allready on the trophy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, at least we avoided Iceland so we got to be in with a shout

Time Online
    10 d 3 h 4 m
    Well, it’s said that a week is a long-time in politics and it’s just as long in football. Everton had been well spanked by Saints and everything looks fairly bleak and I really thought that we looked like a team ill-equipped fro a relegation battle.

Since then Sam Allardyce has become the manager and will be now known as ‘Big Sam’, as easier to spell than Allardyce. Sammy Lee, the Chief Coach. ‘He’s fat, he’s round, he bounces on the ground ..’ Lee, or Little Sam, as he’s being called is a well-documented Everton hater from the 1980s and was well-hared in return. But, that was then, this is now! Both were not a popular choice but two wins, six points, six goals and none conceded changes all that.

The thing I really like about Big Sam is that he believes in defence, as do I. Little Sam was clearly motivated and well animated during the game against Huddersfield. He’ll celebrate as much as any Blue Nose when we win at Anfield next Sunday. See optimism and hope already returning

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    15 d 8 h 59 m
    Well, it’s said that a week is a long-time in politics and it’s just as long in football. Everton had been well spanked by Saints and everything looks fairly bleak and I really thought that we looked like a team ill-equipped fro a relegation battle.

Since then Sam Allardyce has become the manager and will be now known as ‘Big Sam’, as easier to spell than Allardyce. Sammy Lee, the Chief Coach. ‘He’s fat, he’s round, he bounces on the ground ..’ Lee, or Little Sam, as he’s being called is a well-documented Everton hater from the 1980s and was well-hared in return. But, that was then, this is now! Both were not a popular choice but two wins, six points, six goals and none conceded changes all that.

The thing I really like about Big Sam is that he believes in defence, as do I. Little Sam was clearly motivated and well animated during the game against Huddersfield. He’ll celebrate as much as any Blue Nose when we win at Anfield next Sunday. See optimism and hope already returning
    and a tasty cup tie to look forward to

itll be the first 3rd round tie at Anfield with 6000 scousers in attendance for decades !!!!!

Time Online
    67 d 1 h 31 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevenil View Post
    and a tasty cup tie to look forward to

itll be the first 3rd round tie at Anfield with 6000 scousers in attendance for decades !!!!!
    Only 6,000 we get that for reserve games !!!!!...................Thought a 3rd round Mersey derby would have attracted at least 60,000 or did you leavre a nought off .

Blog Entries
    Time Online
    15 d 8 h 59 m
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    Only 6,000 we get that for reserve games !!!!!...................Thought a 3rd round Mersey derby would have attracted at least 60,000 or did you leavre a nought off .
    No bud the jokes in that Evertonians are from Liverpool whilst they’re fans aren’t

Time Online
    67 d 1 h 31 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevenil View Post
    No bud the jokes in that Evertonians are from Liverpool whilst they’re fans aren’t
    LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It went clean over my head. Far to subtle for me that was.

Time Online
    10 d 3 h 4 m
    The number of scousers attending the FA Cup derby will be 8000. Clubs are obliged to provide more tickets for FA Cup games than Premiership games. Noticeable that the RS have raised the price considerably for this game. Incidentally, I was engaged in conversation with an RS guy from Norway today and when he left a couple of Evertonions made the point to me that they didn’t know a single season ticket holder at Anfield or anyone who attends their regularly. I don’t either

Time Online
    6 d 22 h 51 m
    You lot complaining about your fortunes when sitting, some of you, perhaps a little uncomfortably, in the Premiership!

Try being a Hull City supporter - no manager and sitting just above the relegation zone in the Championship!

Time Online
    67 d 1 h 31 m
    Quote Originally Posted by EliseDomme View Post
    You lot complaining about your fortunes when sitting, some of you, perhaps a little uncomfortably, in the Premiership!

Try being a Hull City supporter - no manager and sitting just above the relegation zone in the Championship!
    Been there not that long ago. Actually we were in a worst position than that, almost bottom of Div1 and out of buisness less than 10 years ago. So yes !! We still moan (a lot) but we do appreciate the good times and being in the Premiership.

Good luck with your survival.

Time Online
    10 d 3 h 4 m
    EllsieDomme
    Try being a Hull City supporter
    Well, I was to some extent, in the sense that I used to go and watch them at Boothberry Park in the late 1970s. The only ground I’ve entered by way a railway platform Boothberry Park had its won dedicated railway station. I may have been the kiss of death because if I remember correctly they got relegated one of the years I went.

Time Online
    3 d 4 h 56 m
    I think the decision to show matches on Saturday night at 8.00 will harm football as a spectator sport in the Premiership, fans already complain about it being difficult enough to get to Monday night games and Sunday kick offs at 12.00, and the sheer overkill with televised football and tournaments is turning viewers away. I know in my local, except maybe today with the two big derbies, it's the same handful of faces watching football on Sky, while other customers are talking about something else. As a sport, I've given up with it, not even bothering with next year's World Cup.

Time Online
    67 d 1 h 31 m
    Quote Originally Posted by A Cumbrian View Post
    I think the decision to show matches on Saturday night at 8.00 will harm football as a spectator sport in the Premiership, fans already complain about it being difficult enough to get to Monday night games and Sunday kick offs at 12.00, and the sheer overkill with televised football and tournaments is turning viewers away. I know in my local, except maybe today with the two big derbies, it's the same handful of faces watching football on Sky, while other customers are talking about something else. As a sport, I've given up with it, not even bothering with next year's World Cup.
    Maybe satellite and cable television with over 100 odd channels of multi choice viewing hasnt yet reached Cumbria. Im sure if people dont like football they can find many other things to watch. As for the decision to show matches on a Saturday night at 8pm. Errrrrrrrrrr..... ????????????????? Im assuming you are talking about live English games. Tell me about this because its news to me. I certainly hadn't heard of any plans to kick off games at 8pm on a Saturday evening (not that the FA tell me everything when making their decisions !!!!!)
    Recordings from English games and live games from across Europe have been shown on Saturday nights for years, thats nothing new.

Time Online
    10 d 3 h 4 m
    supersub – here you go
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42278119

I’m the person that pays for Sky but I’m stopping this year I want to watch whoever Everton are playing not the tams that playing against the ‘Sky five/six’ every week. Sky is boasting 50 games over Christmas – but how many involve ‘Sky five’? How many do you want to watch?

Fundamentally, the clown that is Klopp disrespected Everton by not selecting his strongest team. Apparently six changes, (including his most creative players and two players who had scored 21 goals between them), from the mid-week European game. He’s had his eye wiped. He disrespected Everton further by substituting Saleh, his team’s outstanding player who had proved a nightmare to Martina. Again, Klopp had his eye wiped. Surely, Martina and Williams won’t be here next year.

The RS had 80% of the possession and were the better team, but only had three efforts on target the whole match. They spurned a couple of good opportunities. I thought Saleh pushed Martina away in the move that led to their goal. Everton got an equaliser from a late pen and I thought at that stage we’d win. Everton very poor in first half and am happy with the point.