Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Time Online
    9 d 5 h 18 m
    Quote Originally Posted by J J Dick View Post
    Well, although I can't speak for her, I think the days of running round like a blue arsed fly at your behest are gone
    Alice made the claim so presumably it was based on some evidence which she already knows about so there shouldn't be any running around to do. I am just asking her to share that evidence.

Time Online
    5 d 16 h N/A
    zzzzzzzzzz

Time Online
    9 d 22 h 52 m
    JJ - The poster who has still not provided evidence in respect of Ryanair has a pattern of demanding evidence from others but never supplying any themselves. They also seem to believe that if they ask a question they have a right to be answered. They don't. Perhaps they will do some actual research of their own, but I won't hold my breath.
    Alice

Time Online
    9 d 5 h 18 m
    If you, and the Dick, can not find any evidence to back up your claim that...

Quote Originally Posted by alice-in-oz View Post
    The Donald Trump tweets have a real effect in the real world and people suffer as a result.
    doesn't that make it fake news?

Time Online
    5 d 16 h N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAttitude View Post
    If you, and the Dick, can not find any evidence to back up your claim that...

doesn't that make it fake news?
    Non sequitur hour, I see...

Nice analysis of the current situation by the man what wrote the book

http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2017...-or-it-ll-brea

Time Online
    10 d 3 h 9 m
    The Donald Trump tweets have a real effect in the real world and people suffer as a result

Well, you’d have to be fairly stupid or lacking in imagination not to realize that Trump’s retweets would cause real damage to real people.

A ‘political party’ with an estimated 800-1000 supporters that is so inept that it was unable to register itself with the Electoral Commission and consequently is unable to identify its candidates on ballot paper is now known to those who were hitherto unaware of its existence.

Thankfully, it appears to have negligible chance of electoral success. One candidate, Jayda Fransen received only 56 votes and lost her deposit in 2014. Whilst another, Paul Golding only got 1.2% of the vote when he stood to be London Mayor whilst Sadiq Khan got44%.

This insignificant party has received world wide publicity and its name is now know to many who were ignorant of its existence thanks to Trump retweeting three videos. The fact that 43.7 million Trum followers people know its name will make it easier for those who share its obnoxious views to find it.

Jaya Fransen acknowledge this when she tweeted: “Please Mr President, do it again!”

The person who killed Jo Cox MP shouted 'Britian First’ when he killed her. Surely that is proof of harm

Time Online
    3 h 3 m
    I am pretty sure Thomas Mair who is certified mad, killed Jo Cox before Trump retweeted.

I am worried for for the safety of Trevor Phillips who, due to his well researched TV documentary on muslim social attitudes, has been nominated for 'Islamophobe of the Year' by the Islamic Human Rights Commission. They also nominated Charlie Hebdo the other year, then joked about none of them being available to collect the award.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-10100317.html

From The Times:
    The annual Islamophobia awards are “genuinely dangerous”, according to Trevor Phillips, the former equalities chief who is nominated for a controversial satirical award from the Islamic Human Rights Commission (IHRC).

Other nominees for the Islamophobia awards, presented in a London ceremony tonight by the pressure group — which is authorised to take part in UN meetings — include Ofsted, the schools inspectorate, and Dame Louise Casey, the former integration tsar.

Phillips said the label “painted a target on the back of people on the list”. He added: “Defining Louise or myself or anybody else as an Islamophobe is offering a licence to do us harm.

“They will say that it is just verbal and political. They know that in this world right now this is not the way some other people see it. It really isn’t a joke. It is genuinely dangerous.These campaigns are all part of an attempt to intimidate public figures from saying anything at all about integration into our society,” he stressed.

I agree with him, and think this is much more malevolent than Trump's oafish retweets. Je suis Charlie.

Time Online
    10 d 3 h 9 m
    Yvonne said:
    I am pretty sure Thomas Mair who is certified mad, killed Jo Cox before Trump retweeted.
    Yes, and he was not a member, but nonetheless knew who they are. Fundamentally, I don’t disagree with you except to say that I think Trumps retweets reach a bigger audience so more know abut them

Time Online
    10 d 3 h 9 m
    Well, the ‘good news’ continues as the ten person DUP take over the’ Brexit’ talks.
    Last edited by mortinuk; 05-12-2017 at 10:06.

Time Online
    9 d 5 h 18 m
    Non sequitur hour, I see...
    Not at all. Alice made a claim which was clearly fake as neither she nor you could find a shred of evidence to back it up. Don't say you never tried because it you could have backed it up we would never have heard the end of it.

Time Online
    9 d 5 h 18 m
    Quote Originally Posted by mortinuk View Post
    This insignificant party has received world wide publicity and its name is now know to many who were ignorant of its existence thanks to Trump retweeting three videos. The fact that 43.7 million Trum followers people know its name will make it easier for those who share its obnoxious views to find it.
    It was the hysteria of the left wing media which gave this group so much publicity. Trump is the American president and in the UK no one who lives in the real world gives a fuck about what he tweets.

How many of these 43.7 million Trump followers are in the UK?

How many of his followers in the UK are actually Trump supporters?

Storm in a tea cup.

Time Online
    9 d 5 h 18 m
    Well, the ‘good news’ continues as the ten person DUP take over the’ Brexit’ talks.
    It's been hilarious. The media have gone monster and no one has a clue about what really happened because for once Merkel who wants trade talks to start and has has Juncker & Barnier under control.

I pity Theresa may having to negotiate with the EU and the DUP. Neither are known for their flexibility or pragmatism.

Funny how the Irish PM is now backing down saying Ireland has no role in the negotiations. Too late mate the DUP don't forgive or forget.

Time Online
    9 d 5 h 18 m
    Quote Originally Posted by yvonneUK View Post

I am worried for for the safety of Trevor Phillips who, due to his well researched TV documentary on muslim social attitudes, has been nominated for 'Islamophobe of the Year' by the Islamic Human Rights Commission. They also nominated Charlie Hebdo the other year, then joked about none of them being available to collect the award.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-10100317.html

From The Times:
    The annual Islamophobia awards are “genuinely dangerous”, according to Trevor Phillips, the former equalities chief who is nominated for a controversial satirical award from the Islamic Human Rights Commission (IHRC).

Other nominees for the Islamophobia awards, presented in a London ceremony tonight by the pressure group — which is authorised to take part in UN meetings — include Ofsted, the schools inspectorate, and Dame Louise Casey, the former integration tsar.

Phillips said the label “painted a target on the back of people on the list”. He added: “Defining Louise or myself or anybody else as an Islamophobe is offering a licence to do us harm.

“They will say that it is just verbal and political. They know that in this world right now this is not the way some other people see it. It really isn’t a joke. It is genuinely dangerous.These campaigns are all part of an attempt to intimidate public figures from saying anything at all about integration into our society,” he stressed.

I agree with him, and think this is much more malevolent than Trump's oafish retweets. Je suis Charlie.

If you go to their website you'll see Donald Trump won this year's award.

Time Online
    5 d 16 h N/A
    Not at all. Alice made a claim which was clearly fake as neither she nor you could find a shred of evidence to back it up. Don't say you never tried because it you could have backed it up we would never have heard the end of it.
    Hand on heart BA -"Believe Me" as the Nazi-POTUS is so fond of saying - to reiterate I've never tried AND I WON'T BE TRYING.

Anyway, to put the thread back on course after the unsavory Trump Alley it seems to have the misfortune to have wandered down, here's some more tory brexit gold, whoops, sorry, BA clickbait. The tories minority government are in contempt of parliament for not complying with the "Humble Address" proceedure, which is binding.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...impact-reports
    and the EU take on the negotiaitons failing
    "One EU ambassador told the Guardian the failure to reach a deal on Northern Ireland was a microcosm of a wider problem. “At root the problem is that [May] seems incapable of making a decision and is afraid of her own shadow,” the source said.
    “We cannot go on like this, with no idea what the UK wants. She just has to have the conversation with her own cabinet, and if that upsets someone, or someone resigns, so be it. She has to say what kind of trading relationship she is seeking. We cannot do it for her, and she cannot defer forever.”
    For weeks, European officials have walked a tightrope between sticking to the EU’s tough negotiating stance and seeking to avoid action or words that could destabilise the fragile May government.
    “We have to treat the UK political system like a rotten egg,” said one EU source in the run-up to Monday’s talks, suggesting that if “the realities of the world” dawned too soon, the British government could become more fragile.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...P=share_btn_tw

Last edited by J J Dick; 06-12-2017 at 13:02.

Time Online
    5 d 16 h N/A
    More faeces/fan impact
    https://twitter.com/SeemaMalhotra1/s...39658991374337
    Just wondering, BA, and I hope you don't mind me asking - do you see yourself as David Davis' intellectual superior, equal, or inferior?

If anyone would like to refresh their memory of what exactly Davis said and when, a resume is here.

Time Online
    5 d 16 h N/A
    Tidy video put together by the Mirror of 7 times Davis blatantly lied about existence or content of impact assesments.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politic...davis-11649452

Time Online
    9 d 5 h 18 m
    A politician lies and you're surprised?

Time Online
    10 d 3 h 9 m
    Leavers lied through out the campaign - so no surprise they continue to do so

Ignore Davies and his, at best, prevarications, or lies if you prefer. The European Parliament has commissioned dozens of ‘impact assessments’ or studies on the effects of Brexit on the UK economy from experts, across a broad range of policy areas. The short ‘Executive Summary’ will give you the gist of the argument.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/united...itstudies.html

The UK and other EU members are required to provide copious amounts of information about the British economy to the EU. The argument that providing an ‘impact assessment’ on the British economy would damage negotiations is nonsense as the EU already possess the information to make their own assessment (see above, also)

Other nations, for instance Holland have made ‘impact assessments’ on how Brexit will damage their own economy. Other nations provide this information to businesses as a matter of course.

Time Online
    9 d 5 h 18 m
    Leavers lied through out the campaign - so no surprise they continue to do so

Ignore Davies and his, at best, prevarications, or lies if you prefer. The European Parliament has commissioned dozens of ‘impact assessments’ or studies on the effects of Brexit on the UK economy from experts, across a broad range of policy areas. The short ‘Executive Summary’ will give you the gist of the argument.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/united...itstudies.html

The UK and other EU members are required to provide copious amounts of information about the British economy to the EU. The argument that providing an ‘impact assessment’ on the British economy would damage negotiations is nonsense as the EU already possess the information to make their own assessment (see above, also)

Other nations, for instance Holland have made ‘impact assessments’ on how Brexit will damage their own economy. Other nations provide this information to businesses as a matter of course.
    The EU publishes a fact sheet called Transparency in EU trade negotiations

In it it says;

A certain level of confidentiality is necessary to protect EU interests and to keep chances for a satisfactory outcome high. When entering into a game, no-one starts by revealing his entire strategy to his counterpart from the outset: this is also the case for the EU.
    And yet the remoaners want the UK to show its hand. Anyone would think they wanted the UK to do badly.

Time Online
    5 d 16 h N/A
    REMAINERS have confessed that they are thoroughly enjoying the humiliating collapse of Brexit and cannot wait to see what happens next.

Supporters of staying in the EU admitted they are glued to the headlines to find out what the arrogant Tory bastards’ latest shameful climbdown will be.
    Nathan Muir of Bristol said: “Last year it was really alienating and shit and not aimed at me at all, but I kept watching and the second year’s picked up incredibly. Just like Breaking Bad.
    “Every day there’s a new punch in the face for May or Davis or Johnson, but it’s all been so beautifully set up that even while it’s unexpected it’s completely plausible.
    “I didn’t think that moment when Arlene Foster went off in May’s face like a firework could be topped, but yesterday when Davis got trapped into admitting he hadn’t done any work whatsoever might have been even better.
    “I reckon within the month the government will collapse and Michael Gove will launch yet another disastrous leadership bid that’ll fall flat on its fish-lipped face, and that’s before they find out the EU’s going to fuck them over on trade deals.
    “This is the most I’ve enjoyed politics in years. Long live Brexit, I say.”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politi...20171207140541

Time Online
    5 d 16 h N/A
    The EU publishes a fact sheet called Transparency in EU trade negotiations

In it it says;

And yet the remoaners want the UK to show its hand. Anyone would think they wanted the UK to do badly.
    I know a good cut and paste is the ne plus ultra for you BA, so here we go....just for you...

BREXIT secretary David Davis has denied ever having heard the word ‘Brexit’ before and has asked somebody to explain it to him.

Speaking to a Commons select committee, Davis said that it sounded like a made-up word, perhaps for a new kitchen device.
    He continued: “Leaving Europe? I hate to contradict you, but that’s a geographical impossibility.
    “Exiting the EU? Yes, that is the name of the department I represent, but it’s nothing as brutish as you imply. I think it’s meant to be ‘Exciting the EU’, but the ‘c’ fell off.
    “Michel Barnier was my pen-pal from school, that’s why we’re meeting so often. So much to catch up on. He really is marvellous company.
    “I’m sorry, I’m not familiar with the novels of Dan Brown, but Triggering Article 50 does sound like a good one. I must read it.”
    Davis added: “I am a principled politician concerned about the erosion of civil liberties, who you remember from 2008. There is no so-called ‘Brexit’. There never was.”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politi...20171207140497

Time Online
    9 d 5 h 18 m
    I know a good cut and paste is the ne plus ultra for you BA, so here we go....just for you...

BREXIT secretary David Davis has denied ever having heard the word ‘Brexit’ before and has asked somebody to explain it to him.

Speaking to a Commons select committee, Davis said that it sounded like a made-up word, perhaps for a new kitchen device.
    He continued: “Leaving Europe? I hate to contradict you, but that’s a geographical impossibility.
    “Exiting the EU? Yes, that is the name of the department I represent, but it’s nothing as brutish as you imply. I think it’s meant to be ‘Exciting the EU’, but the ‘c’ fell off.
    “Michel Barnier was my pen-pal from school, that’s why we’re meeting so often. So much to catch up on. He really is marvellous company.
    “I’m sorry, I’m not familiar with the novels of Dan Brown, but Triggering Article 50 does sound like a good one. I must read it.”
    Davis added: “I am a principled politician concerned about the erosion of civil liberties, who you remember from 2008. There is no so-called ‘Brexit’. There never was.”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politi...20171207140497
    Didn't the Daily Mash have a book out called something like News for Halfwits? Did you enjoy it?