Time Online
    11 d 35 m

Valentine greetings

Would anyone like to exchange Valentine greetings on here?
    Or maybe share their Valentine Day experiences?
    It is tomorrow, after all!

My 'valentine' is in the US - and we won't be meeting again until probably late September/October of this year.
    However, I'm open to other flirtations - or ...??

So, suppose I start by simply wishing all the lovely ladies on here (whether in a relationship or unattached) a VERY HAPPY VALENTINE DAY!!

- bluemagic xxx
    "You only live twice - or so it seems: one life for yourself - and one for your dreams".

'Be kind to the people you meet on the way up ... 'cos you meet the same people on the way down again'. (Exact source unknown - but gen. attributed to a number of 'wily old celebrities' in the world of entertainment).

Time Online
    117 d 21 h 39 m
    I only like the idea of Valentine's Day as the date on which secret admirers traditionally send anonymous, or semi-anonymous, cards to the unwitting objects of their affection. That's how I first knew it as a child, and the idea of that particular clandestine and thrilling activity is still somewhat magical to me (notwithstanding our more modern sensibilities relating to stalking!)

Other than that, sadly I find the whole affair as tawdry and overly-commercial as the way we treat Christmas, Halloween and Easter.

This idea that you should show affection to your significant other on a particular day of the year is faintly depressing - witness the queues of men who will be standing in shops tomorrow clutching their hastily-chosen cards and token gifts, and the fact that the restaurants will be packed out with couples in the evening. For me, the behaviour that the Valentine's Day vendors tell us we should be indulging in is the very antithesis of romance... and yet so many of us will feel compelled to fall in line with it, lest we be thought unromantic.

Anyway, that's just curmudgeonly ol' Lurky having a gripe. So, as you were. And Happy Valentine's Day to them wot believe in it.
    -----------------------
    I should be so Lurky
    -----------------------

Time Online
    69 d 14 h 6 m
    So any cheapskates been brave/foolish enough to buy a bunch of flowers from the local BP garage on their way home? You know the ones, slightly wilting and drooping, (the flowers that is not the bloke !!! ) that are on special offer in a tatty old bucket by the side of the petrol pumps. Don't forget when she takes in the beautiful scent it will be the aroma of petrol and diesel !!!!!
    And what was the reaction ?? Just wondering

Time Online
    124 d 14 h 18 m
    Oh is that why I live on my own?

Time Online
    15 d 23 h 26 m
    Well I for one love romantic gestures at any time of the year and it's nice when someones shows it. A sub friend of mine brought me a dozen red roses to my house this afternoon and they are in my living room looking gorgeous, nice to be thought of today.
    **Professional submissive/switch, great venues Birmingham/Bristol/London and lots of implements!**

Time Online
    63 d 6 h 38 m
    When you share your life with someone but you're not married to each other, you can use Valentines Day as a sort of surrogate for a wedding anniversary. I see it as an opportunity to remind the other person that they are loved/appreciated/have a nice bottom.

-R
    Why not surprise your wife or girlfriend with a good spanking this Valentines Day?

Time Online
    10 d 5 h 54 m
    I’m not really fussed about Valentine’s ay. It’s just another example of the hijacking of popular custom. I show my ‘love’ by preparing my ‘love’ meals every day. The adverts that I’ve seen trying to persuade me to buy roses etc are all focused on one type or relationship (male/female) to the exclusion of single sex forms.

Not every relationship is entered into voluntarily. Forced marriage is very common globally and is also found in the UK. Forced marriage is a hidden crime and there are an average of over a 1000 per year and very few prosecutions. Statistics and further information available here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...tics-_2016.pdf

Time Online
    69 d 14 h 6 m
    What does a single red rose really say ?

You stingy tight ******* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, Its got to be a bunch of at least a dozen, or a huge box of chocolates, or maybe both even !! anything less could be dodgy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Dont worry, I'm only joking, honestly, if you have just bought your beloved a single red rose )
    Last edited by supersub; 14-02-2018 at 16:10.

Time Online
    180 d 21 h 42 m
    Quote Originally Posted by mortinuk View Post
    The adverts that I’ve seen trying to persuade me to buy roses etc are all focused on one type or relationship (male/female) to the exclusion of single sex forms.
    Even Hallmark and Clinton’s now have same-sex Valentine cards, and not even on the top shelf.

The last time I was in a same-sex Valentine-giving sort of relationship was about seven years ago, and even then you could find it if you looked. Now we’re divorced we just send each other marmalade. Not for Valentine’s.

Im not sure a Valentine thread is the right place for a discussion of forced marriage, though it’s a very good and important discussion to have.
    Currently being rather well looked after by that well-known Toppy-Monster-Around-Town, Clovis.

Time Online
    180 d 21 h 42 m
    Well.

Charming.

I’ll chuck that single red rose I got you in the bin then.

Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    What does a single red rose really say ?

You stingy tight ******* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, Its got to be a bunch of at least a dozen, or a huge box of chocolates, or maybe both even !! anything less could be dodgy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Dont worry, I'm only joking, honestly, if you have just bought your beloved a single red rose )
    Currently being rather well looked after by that well-known Toppy-Monster-Around-Town, Clovis.

Time Online
    75 d 19 h 46 m
    As an ex florist, it was one of the main 'events' of the year. Never wanted to another red rose again . Still fishing thorns out of hands two weeks later. Tried to get customers to think differently rather dozen red roses. It's better in odd numbers flowers in a vase, 3, 5 etc
    And yes, always some people coming in gone six, in a panic. It's the same day every year...
    One rose is lovely. Not cheap. One rose one heart.....
    No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won't make you cry.

Time Online
    69 d 14 h 6 m
    Quote Originally Posted by roundandbouncy View Post
    One rose is lovely. Not cheap. One rose one heart.....
    You old romantic......................Definetely my type of lady though...............One rose 6........... a dozen roses 50. No contest !!!!! Every ones a winner !!!!!

Time Online
    10 d 5 h 54 m
    Im not sure a Valentine thread is the right place for a discussion of forced marriage.
    You may be right. however, there is another side to all this cloying, saccharine sentimentality and I suspect that more people will read a thread about Valentine’s Day then about forced marriages.

Time Online
    69 d 14 h 6 m
    Quote Originally Posted by katiebug View Post
    Well.

Charming.

I’ll chuck that single red rose I got you in the bin then.
    Yeah, chuck it away but send that big box of chocolates though. I'll have them !!!!!! And make sure Clovis hasn't pinched the best ones before you send them...............

Time Online
    11 d 35 m
    My love's bum is like a raw red rose

That's newly stung each swing
    My love's bum is like a malady
    That happens every spring

And I will lash thee still, my dear

'Till all thy sins, awry:
    Yes, I will lash thee still my love
    Till all thy tears run dry
    Till all thy tears run dry, my love
    And the cheeks' red blood shall run

So fare thee ill, my only love

And fare thee ill - but smile!
    And you will cum again my love

Though 'twere ten thousand more stokes, vile!

[I wonder why he was called Robbie Burns​!]
    "You only live twice - or so it seems: one life for yourself - and one for your dreams".

'Be kind to the people you meet on the way up ... 'cos you meet the same people on the way down again'. (Exact source unknown - but gen. attributed to a number of 'wily old celebrities' in the world of entertainment).

Time Online
    15 d 23 h 26 m
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    You old romantic......................Definetely my type of lady though...............One rose 6........... a dozen roses 50. No contest !!!!! Every ones a winner !!!!!
    12 red roses in Aldi and Lidl were 5, and I would have been more than happy with just a single bloom!
    **Professional submissive/switch, great venues Birmingham/Bristol/London and lots of implements!**

Time Online
    69 d 14 h 6 m
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara Red View Post
    12 red roses in Aldi and Lidl were 5, and I would have been more than happy with just a single bloom!
    12 for 5 in Aldi and Lidl............. That means 1 for 42p. Now we are getting near the right price !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No im not tight, who said that !!!!!!

Time Online
    75 d 19 h 46 m
    Prices will drop tomorrow....
    No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won't make you cry.

Time Online
    31 d 23 h 1 m

Time Online
    117 d 21 h 39 m
    Like it.
    -----------------------
    I should be so Lurky
    -----------------------